Read below about the many programs implemented by agencies we support that aim to Promote Financial Stability & Independence:
Community Action Duluth 218-726-1665
- FAIM IDA assists families in saving money for a home, education, or a small business through a matched savings account. Read more.
- The JumpStart Duluth program provides financial assistance and educational opportunities for individuals looking to buy and maintain their own vehicle. Read more.
- Community Action Duluth offers a tax service that provides free tax preparations and fast refunds for households and individuals within a certain range of income. Read more.
- Community Employment services seeks to support individuals working in the community by offering job development and training to equip individuals with the skills needed to earn and retain a job. Read more.
Lutheran Social Services 218-529-2260
- The Consumer Credit Counseling program provides free credit reports to ensure that individuals remain aware of their financial state. Read more.
One Roof Community Housing 218-727-8604
- One Roof’s Homebuyer Education program offers a variety of educational opportunities for people wanting to learn more about the process of buying a home, as well as how to financially prepare for home ownership. Read more.
SOAR Career Solutions 218-722-3126
- The Employment Services at SOAR offer resources and pre-employment activities for clients who are job searching in order to provide them with opportunities and skills necessary for employment. Read more.
- The Community Offender Re-entry program provides support to ex-offenders through a variety of services as they reintegrate into the community. Read more.
Your single gift to United Way supports the work of over 30 local non-profits. Give today.